With the 2022 FIFA World Cup rapidly approaching, many fans have been eager to learn about Saudi Arabia’s top contenders. Saudi Arabia has been a consistent competitor in the last four World Cups and has qualified for the 2022 semifinals. Among the players listed on the team, five have stood out from the rest for their remarkable talent and skills. Here we present the five best football players in Saudi Arabia’s 2022 team and what makes them the greatest.
1. The Best of the Best: Footballers of Saudi Arabia 2022
Saudi Arabia is home to some of the best footballers in the world. For the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup, these players will represent their country proudly. Here are the most notable players from Saudi Arabia who will make the team:
- Mohammed Al-Sahlawi, the veteran striker who holds the all-time scoring record for the Saudi national team
- Hussain Al-Mogahwi, the midfielder known for his ability to power through opposition defenses
- Abdulmalek Al-Kharashani, the veteran goalkeeper who’s been a pillar between the posts for years
- Salem Al-Dawsari, the winger whose dynamic play and quality crossing have put him on the global football scene
These footballers have plenty of experience in both the national and international scene, and they look forward to confidently representing Saudi Arabia in the upcoming World Cup. With their passion and drive, they’ll no doubt make an exciting and explosive combination in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
2. Spotlight on the Best 5 Footballers From Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has produced some of the world’s top footballers, and here we place the spotlight on the best 5 coming out of the country.
Yasser Al-Qahtani: An active member of the Saudi Arabian football team since 2004, Yasser has made 180 appearances in international football matches and scored 46 goals. He is considered to be one of the highest scorers in Saudi Arabian football history and is the sole record holder for the most goals by a Saudi Arabian footballer in international matches.
Hazza Al-Hazza: Known for his tenacity on and off the ball, Hazza Al-Hazza is a veteran defender with 77 caps to his name for the Saudi national team. He is revered for his leadership and calming presence in the defense, providing stability over the years to teams which have needed it throughout his career.
Mohammed Al-Dawsari: Speed, agility and technical ability define Mohammed Al-Dawsari. Primarily attacking midfielder, Al-Dawsari has proven himself time and time again in the Asian Football Confederation and AFC Champions League competitions, with 17 caps and 5 goals under his belt.
Abdullah Ahmed Al-Harbi: Equally adept with his feet or head, Al-Harbi is your all-around midfielder. Able to provide service and make late runs into the box, Al-Harbi has been a mainstay in the Saudi Arabian midfield since 2006 with 86 appearances and 12 goals.
Fahad Al-Muwallad: Skills, agility and mobility all come together in Al-Muwallad. Considered to be one of the best young players in Saudi Arabian football, Al-Muwallad is often deployed as a winger and is known for his direct attacking style and ability to make promising runs. With 24 caps and 11 goals for the Saudi Arabian national team, Al-Muwallad is someone to look out for in the future.
3. Ranking the Exceptional Footballers of Saudi Arabia
Ahmed Musa takes the top spot in any list of exceptional Saudi Arabian footballers. The 27-year-old, currently playing for Al Nassr FC in the Saudi Pro League, combines the speed and technical proficiency required to be a top-tier footballer. He can also bring it on the international stage, having scored 17 times in 82 appearances for the Nigerian national team – the highest goalscoring tally of any Nigerian.
Other talented Saudi Arabian footballers who deserve a mention include Abdulaziz Al-Bishi, an attacking midfielder. Playing for Al-Hilal, Abdulaziz has made 82 club appearances to date and is well known for his ability to create goal-scoring opportunities.
- Nawaf Al-Abid, currently at Al-Ittihad
- Mohammed Al-Sahlawi, a prolific striker who plays for Al-Nassr
- Sultan Al-Ghanam, a goalkeeper who plies his trade at Al-Ahli
are among the top Saudi Arabian footballers in the world today. It remains to be seen whether future talents will soon join the ranks of Saudi Arabia’s exceptional footballers.
4. Celebrating Saudi Arabia’s Finest Footballing Talent
From exceptional footballers to their remarkable career achievements in international tournaments, Saudi Arabia’s contributions to the beautiful game have been nothing short of spectacular.
Take a look at four of the Saudi’s finest footballers – all of whom have been decorated in significant honours:
- Sami Al Jaber – is the country’s record appearances maker, with over 143 caps throughout his illustrious career. He competed on two different World cups and scored the nation’s first goal in the 1998 Touranament.
- Yousuf Al Thunayan – the former Saudi player made ten appearances in the World Cup over his 27-year career. He won an impressive total of three consecutive Asian Footballer of the Year titles.
- Fahad Al Bishi – with his impressive reflex saves and leaps, Fahad is one of the most decorated and well-known Saudi footballers to compete in international tournaments. He won two Asian Cups and was given the Outstanding Player Award in the 1992 edition of the tourney.
- Omar Al-Somah – is one of the most accomplished strikers in the country. He scored a total of 59 goals in 101 appearances for Syria to break the record for the highest number of goals in the Asian Cup. He continues to play to this day – spearheading the Saudi Arabian national team’s attack.
These talented athletes – who have graced the footballing world for decades – are all worthy of celebrating. This is a reminder that the Saudis have a long-standing history in the sport and have produced some of the world’s greatest footballers.
The five footballers herein mentioned have not only established themselves as a force to be reckoned with on the local and international circuit, but have also made a name for Saudi Arabia in the world of sports. These five superstars have come far, and have achieved a lot, which is highly commendable. Saudi Arabia’s footballers are certainly capable of taking on the world and making their country proud.